Build Reusable Emails In SharePoint
You want to be able to save an HTML formatted email to use in a workflow without having to modify that workflow every time you need to modify the language.
Create a list keep the title field and create a multiline field. The Title field will hold the value you will match with in your workflow and the multiline field will hold your HTML email text.
Detailed Solution Steps
1. Create a list with the Title field and a Multiline field
2. Populate the Title field with a value that is easy to remember for the task at hand and populate the Multiline text field with the HTML message that you want to use. I suggest making separate pieces (i.e. Header, Body, Footer, etc).
Create Your Workflow
When creating your workflow, you may now reference the email message value utilizing the Title field value.
1. Example: Create a workflow that sends an email message
2. Build your message using the Build Dynamic String function
3. Reference the stored email messages utilizing the Title field
4. Store the values into meaningful variable names
5. Build your email message
6. When the workflow is run (I’m running it from an issue list that will also include the message that the sender types into the description field) the email message will be built.
7. The resulting email will look similar to this